Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Return of the... Girl :)

Dear Readers,
If you're wondering why I posted this so early is because I've got pretty bad jetlag after flying all over the world! No, really, I just visited the continent of Africa for something like 36 DAYS! We got to pass through England twice which was fun both times and when we got to Philadelphia airport i realized how funny the american accent is :)
I would post pics of the whole long journey instead of making you guys read a boring wordy post, but I still have no idea how that whole thing works!
It's amazing to be back where the toilet flushes unquestionably every time you use it, you can eat a plate full of salad and not regret it for the rest of the week, the air (even if it's humid) doesn't smell faintly of garbage and best of all: you can sleep in your own bed and you will never have to check out of again! Unless you're on vacation, of course...
During the trip I learned so much, and I don't mean just manually, it was mentally moving too. You hear about countries in hardship all of the time, it's in the papers and all over news but it's rare that people see it up close and under your feet (except those relief teams that go to places like Haiti and stuff). I definitely realized how much home means to me and how privileged I am to be living where I am. People in countries like Uganda and Ethiopia live on so little but they are some of the kindest and generous people I've met.
I might post a longer detailed-ish post about the trip but, by for now :)
dh

No comments:

Post a Comment